Monday, January 10, 2011

Stock Market Experiment: ENER

ENER 011011

I changed the parameters to allow for a 3% loss as soon as it reaches 5, instead of a 2% loss. This means that as soon as the stock reaches $5, it has to lose 3% of its total value for it to sell. Essentially, the least amount for which this stock will go for is 4.85. If it *doesn't* drop to $4.85 after reaching $5, the sell price will keep going up, trailing behind the actual bid price. What this does is automate the process to the point where all I have to do is make sure that the trigger is set and ready for usage.

This LOOKS like it's going to wrap up soon. Honestly, there's no real telling with the stock market, but I am going to assume that the position will be through, and the stock will be sold in the next three days if it follows the predicted pattern. That pleases me immensely, of course, to know that I was right on my first go 'round. That means that I've got a little bit of a buffer to play with for the second go round.

Speaking of which...
MEAOF - 011011

This is the stock that I have my eye on. I already have a small position in the stock, but the gains that it makes on a regular basis is nowhere near the gains needed to make it worthwhile in the system. With a larger capital base, of course, the percentage that I need goes downward. So, what I'm planning on doing is investing in a lot more shares of this one after the ENER position is done. The plan is to get into the game at .40, getting out at .44 for a 10% gain in two or three weeks.

The exciting part of this plan is that the two weeks might be JUST enough to have let the ENER go back down to its normal 'low' point level and give me the opportunity to pick it up once more. If you'll notice, the similarities between the two stocks is remarkable. I am very fond of picking stocks that have a sine wave pattern and a time factor of two weeks. The overall goal is to make 3% per month over the next 12 months (If you'll recall, the average rate on CDs and other investments are 3% APY. )

No comments:

Post a Comment